Accion Opportunity Fund, the nation’s leading nonprofit microlender providing small-dollar loans and expert business advice and support to businesses owned by women, immigrants, and entrepreneurs of color, came to EMC Communications to raise its profile with the media, with partners and advocates, and most importantly, with individual and institutional investors to help drive donations and investment in the organization.
Results So Far
- Featured in top-tier outlets such as the New York Wall Street Journal, and 250+ others.
- Prepared talking points for 30+ speaking engagements, pivotal in securing MacKenzie Scott’s $15 million donation.
- CEO provided congressional testimony.
- CEO’s ongoing Forbes column and placement of multiple op-eds in national and regional publications.
- Secured a $250,000 donation and in-kind advertising from Comcast, initiating a nationwide campaign with Roku.
EMC Communications used all its tools to meet Accion Opportunity Fund’s communications goals. EMC crafted a messaging platform and trained spokespeople to deliver those messages through earned, contributed, and digital media campaigns. That work was complemented by thought leadership, policy advocacy, and influencer marketing optimized for search visibility.
EMC Communications spearheaded a comprehensive earned media campaign in 2020, strategically positioning Accion Opportunity Fund as a trailblazer in the Community Development Financial Institution sector. Notably, the campaign secured prominent coverage in plenty of distinguished media outlets.
A robust social media advocacy effort was a cornerstone of the campaign, as EMC crafted comprehensive toolkits that strategically advanced policy advocacy goals across various digital platforms. The organization’s participation in the Responsible Business Lending Coalition further showcased EMC’s prowess in messaging strategy and media relations, contributing to the success of this collaborative effort.